❧ ❧ ❧
“Sacred Earth: Heart, Senses, and Soul” with L.R. Heartsong
Just announced! An intimate summer workshop with River at historic Ghost Ranch in northern New Mexico, former residence of the Modernist painter Georgia O’Keeffe. This exclusive retreat is limited to 10 participants, and will be held at the secluded Casa del Sol on the property, situated at the foot of the painted cliffs.
This is the first opportunity in several years to work directly with L.R. Heartsong in a small, public group format. Set against the stunning backdrop of Ghost Ranch and Abiquiu, participants will spend three days engaging consciously with soul and landscape—exploring with River what it means to be a “conscious evolutionary,” embodying the Sacred Masculine and Divine Feminine within ourselves, while deepening into relationship with place and celebrating the ordinary sacred.
Do you hunger for a sense of connection to something larger, listening to earth, meeting soulful tribe, or being witnessed for your unique gifts?
Here is your chance to work directly with L.R. Heartsong—healer, teacher, author, medicine man, Earth mystic—and profoundly nourish your spirit, ritually explore a tactile connection with the ‘more-than-human’ world, and uncover what it means to be a Soul Artist. Or simply to reflect upon and bring forth within yourself the words of Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Mary Oliver: “My work is loving the world…which is mostly standing still and learning to be astonished.”
August 14–17, 2018
❧ ❧ ❧
Come join River in the Land of Enchantment for a pilgrimage of the heart and soul:
- How are we evolving? Explore “embodiment,” mindfulness, and a sensual connection with our environment, via our open senses and heart, to facilitate and accelerate personal evolution and transformation
- Deepen your relationship with place and consider ways of becoming “indigenous” (while not adhering to or mimicking any indigenous tradition)
- Practice specific tools and ritual(s) for tending the sacred in daily life
- Affirm the union of the Sacred Masculine and Divine Feminine within you, and expand your ways of connecting with and balancing these archetypal energies
- Learn the 7 Soul Skills as a “bodysoul” practice for deeper presence in daily life
- Understand “entrainment” as a phenomenon that brings us back into balance with nature, and unleashes a flood of beneficial, health-improving effects in the body
- Celebrate nature as a reflection of your own soul and creative being, and invite an animal or plant as a personal guide
- Distinguish between the Soul Task and Life Task, and assess where you stand with each of these processes
- Ritually offer yourself as an ongoing devotional to the world, reflecting upon your place in the interconnected web of life—as a human “becoming” with a unique gift to offer
- Connect with earth and “soulscape” while nourishing your body and biofield through daily grounding, moving meditation, and Qigong
❧ ❧ ❧
“Sacred Earth: Heart, Senses, and Soul”
Cost of the retreat begins at $600 and includes eight meals, three nights lodging (shared or private accommodation), tuition, facility and conservation fee. Spaces are limited.
❧ ❧ ❧
The landscape of Ghost Ranch—made famous by Georgia O’Keeffe in her own artistic and spiritual exploration while living and painting here—encompasses 21,000 acres of towering rock walls, vivid colors and vast skies. It’s an alluring place for the soul, both wild and tended. People from all over the world come to work together in transforming workshops, to paint, write poetry, hike, ride horseback, to research globally renowned archaeological and fossil quarries, or simply to rest and renew their spirits.
❧ ❧ ❧
ADDED BONUS: this workshop is scheduled just prior to the annual Santa Fe Indian Market, now in its 97th year as the largest Native arts market and exhibition in the world. Participants are encouraged to plan accordingly and, if desired, extend their time in New Mexico to take in this one-of-a-kind weekend of original art, 18–19 August. Be advised that Santa Fe completely fills up for the event, making it essential to book lodging and rental cars well in advance.
For further information or to register, please use the Contact page or: queries(at)soulquests. com