Currently, River is not available for hands-on healing work; instead he offers two options for sessions, either in-person or long distance:
Shamanic integration sessions
❧ ❧ ❧
Drawing on more than two decades experience as a body-centered therapist and counselor, bodyworker/healer, and spiritual guide, River has developed an approach he calls Soul Embodiment coaching. In very loose terms, one might consider this as a sort of ‘life coaching for soul’: guiding individuals further along the path of embodied, authentic living, with an eye towards evoking positive change in their communities.
Unlike most popular coaching, this work is not about assisting you to manifest material abundance in your life, nor attract a new job or intimate relationship, replace old limiting thoughts, or tap into the spiritual power to change your life in a more pleasant fashion. This work is not about inspirational, action-based strategies to help you gain seeming control over your existence and destiny. Nor does it center on implementing a spiritual practice, other than one that arises organically from your own being.
Soul Embodiment focuses upon:
- Embodiment: living fully and mindfully in the physical vessel of the bodymindsoul, tapping into authentic power and passion
- Awakening the ‘life force’ (mana, prana, chi) through breath, sensation, sound, authentic movement and creative expression
- Discovering the creative union of the Sacred Masculine and the Divine Feminine (within all of us)
- Working with dreams, myth, archetypes, nature, ancestors, and the creative process as avenues to soul and finding one’s unique gift
- Navigating and interpreting challenging life situations through the lens of soul and personal development
- Cultivating wholeness and healing through identifying one’s Shadow, the ‘sacred wound’, and the gift(s) it contains
- Understanding nourishment, pleasure, power and relationship from an embodied, soul-centered view
- Embracing the necessity of soulful initiation for both the individual and community… and Earth
- Recognizing the Soul Task and the Life Task, along with how those are related but different
- Conspiring with the forces of allurement and soulful longing in his life, as a pathway of evolution
- building relationship with the Four Spheres of Mystery: Cosmos, Gaia/Pachamama, Tribe and Self
Soul Embodiment may be as much about dismantling the old, ego-based identity you have built as it is about uncovering and birthing the deeper, soul-based identity—one that is organic, fluid, and expansive. Honoring the body and breath as vital resource, Soul Embodiment plunges you into the mystery of yourself (as a conscious expression of Gaia) that you might find your passion, power, and soul’s unique offering to the ‘other-than-human’ world.
The guide’s task is not about helping you find happiness; rather it is about steering you into shadows and mysteries, into the bones and breath, to embrace soulful transformation and embodiment—a felt sense of connection, radical authenticity, and ‘life force’—which ultimately invites healing and wholeness. Purpose, too. This is the heart of initiation.
A commitment to three sessions or more is recommended, but not required. For more information, please use the ‘Contact’ page.
Investment: $100 for 60 minutes
❧ ❧ ❧
Intended for those who have undergone a ceremonial healing journey with sacred plant medicines and who now seek further support in their integration. These sessions are available either in person or via phone or Skype, making distance irrelevant. Anyone needing integration is welcome, whether the individual has been a participant in one of River’s ceremonies or they experienced a visionary journey elsewhere.
The importance of being able to integrate a shamanic experience or journey cannot be overemphasized. Unfortunately, due to the nature of these ceremonies as well as the lack of cultural understanding and support, other than the individuals who also attended the circle (or have done so in the past) and the facilitator(s), people largely have to find their own resources, both internal and external, for supporting the changes and visions. A person can potentially feel traumatized in a powerful journey if there is not sufficient safety in the group space (‘container’) held by the shaman or facilitator, and lacking integration conversations or council afterwards can leave participants feeling adrift and at loose ends. Furthermore, issues or challenges may arise in the days and weeks after the entheogenic experience.
Lasting changes result from integration. Using his clairsentient and clairaudient gifts, River is able to tune in to the individual and perceive where they are in their process, as well as what may be needed. He shares basic practices that may be useful, and also helps clients understand that after a ‘medicine journey’ there are several levels of integration; beginning from the most basic changes that support a newly upgraded sense of self (i.e. examining our diet, home environment, job, relationships, etc.), to the more advanced (read, challenging) elements of ‘shadow work’ (i.e. unearthing buried traumas, repressed experiences, and bringing rejected aspects of self to the light), and finally, the task of bringing our soul fully into the world in a meaningful, engaged way.
These sessions are also very useful for those who are preparing to undertake a ceremony. River offers guidance for the preparatory diet, forming intentions, as well as how to approach the plant spirit with respect and receive the deepest healing possible.
Previous ceremony participants report tremendous benefit from this additional support, even a single session. For more information, please use the ‘Contact’ page.
Investment: $100 for 60 minutes
❧ ❧ ❧
❧ ❧ ❧
Please note: sessions with L.R. Heartsong, whether soul-based coaching or shamanic integration counseling, should not be considered psychotherapy.